Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Part 3



Greetings from the town of McAnn!

It has been such a busy weekend since our arrival in this new place.

Day 1 here was spent greeting and dining with the town elf ruler and namesake- McAnn. She is quite the heroine. Harlow and I were very grateful to have spent a full day gallivanting around this territory under her lead.

While we were having the time of our lives doing that, Christine was locked in the trunk of our car. After spending days driving mile after mile in her presence, Harlow and I decided that she needed a little time out. And the trunk of our little green car sounded like the perfect place for her.
Later on, McAnn introduced us to her slaves-two ghoulish characters named Orlalegolas and Bloomturner. They were not nice, nor were they trusting of my sidekick and I.
I have a very strong feeling that the two of them are conspiring against us. I hope to probe their consciences when the time is right and see what their story is.




















McAnn however, was very welcoming. She has agreed to endorse our journey. God Bless her! She also gave us directions to the bed and breakfast that the hideous Roxanne was staying at. By the time we had gotten there though, Roxanne was long gone.
With our luck running low, we asked McAnn who we could turn to for guidance advice. And so, McAnn made us a last minute appointment with her Guidance Counselor, Dr. Peter Moreau. Long ago, back in 1997, Dr. Moreau had upset the balance of nature. By turning animals into humans, he had turned heaven into hell. But, he learned from his mistakes and now Dr. Moreau is just a guidance couselor at McAnn Elementary.




Dr Moreau's advice: "Go to the Gates of Doom."
When I asked what made him so sure that this was where Roxanne was, he handed me a postcard that Roxanne had just sent to him.
After letting Christine out of the trunk to stretch her creepy critter legs for a moment, we were off- To the Gates of Doom!




2 comments:

Anar said...

Wow, what a lovely place to visit! I don't think you need to worry much about McAnn's friends though, I am sure they are very sweet. Maybe they are just intimidated by your beauty. Peter is indeed very wise, and I wish you luck on your journey.

teacher said...

What a hunk that Dr. Moreau is. I can see where his calling would be teaching little oumpa lumpas. I still don't trust that troll, the trunk is a good place for it. I think a good bath might help the demeanor of the slaves. Journey forth you brave heroes. God bless your souls.