Saturday, July 12, 2008

Part 2

It is now day three of swamp searching for the nasty, old Roxanne. Harlow and I have had no luck in finding her. We have decided to set up camp in the swamp we are currently in. Harlow will cook me a hot dog (that is my favorite treat) and she will enjoy her kibble.
As I sit waiting for her to serve my dinner, I notice something lurking behind the moss covered trees. What is this creature I ask myself? Finally after what seems like an eternity, it shows itself.
 
It is the most awful looking troll I ever seen (Other than Roxanne). Its full appearance eliminates my appetite and I send Harlow over to examine it. Even she shows fear when approaching it. As Harlow gets closer to the gremlin, it begins to speak in it's hideous voice. 
"My name is Christine and I live in this swamp, it is my home." It explains. "I noticed that the two of you have been searching for something and I have come to offer my swamp expertise." 
I do not trust this creepy critter Christine. I want to instruct Harlow that we must leave but something keeps me listening. "I believe you are searching for my grandmother, Roxanne the dragon." The creature reveals. "Roxanne is the only thing other than my  beastly self that hangs around in this filthy swamp. You missed her by only one day. She was flying through with two old ladies attached to her back just yesterday." The swamp monster now has my full attention. She offers no more information until Harlow and I agree to let her join us on our journey. As much as I don't want Christine traveling with us, I realize what detailed information she can provide us with as we search for her grandmother, Roxanne. She explains that Roxanne advised her that she was on her way to the elf infested town of McAnn. It is 500 miles west of this swamp. 
We plan to leave at sunrise. I am not sure what would motivate this little ogre to want to hunt her own grandmother with us but I am sure we will find out more from her as we continue on. 


2 comments:

Anar said...

What a lovely twist of events! I am so glad you have found a guide. Be safe in your travels, and be sure to stay well fed.

teacher said...

Oh vey, that's one ugly troll. Beware, this one should not be trusted. It could be hiding weapons of mass destruction in her hair.